Friday, October 8, 2010

Basic Vinaigrette

Basic Vinaigrette

I have to admit when I go to dress my salads I'm a huge fan of simply balsamic vinegar and olive oil and more often that not grab that option. However when I feel like something different this is the vinaigrette for me. It is a lovely recipe that will perk up even the simplest of salads. I like to use one tablespoon of walnut oil but you could use another type of nut oil, for example hazelnut oil or almond oil, or if you don't have any nut oils simply use 3 tablespoons of olive oil. You can also add a little crushed garlic to it if you like, just go easy – ¼ - ½ a clove is more than enough.

1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp walnut oil (optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Maldon sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

Put the mustard and honey in a small bowl or jar and add the red wine vinegar. Mix together then add a good pinch of salt (I prefer to use Maldon sea salt) and some black pepper. Add the oil and mix well so the vinaigrette emulsifies together. Taste to check the seasoning and serve drizzled over your salad of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...