Friday, October 22, 2010

A toast to the new Mr. & Mrs!!

Today one of my best friends is getting married! I've been so excited for them since the day they got engaged, however unfortunately as much as I wanted to I wasn't able to make it back to Scotland for their wedding. So to make up for the fact I was having to miss their big day I decided we would have a mini celebration for them here and what better way to celebrate than with cake and champagne! So Paula and Phil this is for you.....Congratulations to you both, I am so delighted for you and hope you have a fantastic day xxx

Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate & Vanilla Icing

For the cupcakes I used the recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook then added my own icing and decorations.

White Chocolate & Vanilla Icing
100g white chocolate
150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g icing sugar, sieved
1 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla extract

Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until completely melted and smooth. Leave to cool. Mix together the butter and icing sugar until smooth then add the milk, vanilla extract and white chocolate. Continue beating for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Top the cupcakes with the icing and smooth with an off-set spatula. Decorate as you please, I used some edible gold glitter and edible wafer roses.

6 comments:

  1. The cupcakes and bubbles were so good!! Congratulations Paula and Phil!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum! Two places I wanted to be last night and couldn't be then, their wedding and your place gobbling cake and champers! I am awaiting pics too, wish they'd hurry up and send some, desperate to see bride P!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm they look sooo good Lynds!

    ~ Chels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone - I have to admit that white chocolate and vanilla icing is delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...