Friday, March 16, 2012

Mother's Day Afternoon Tea Menu


No new post today I'm afraid as I've been having too much fun with Mum and not enough time to be blogging! However I wanted to send you all a quick reminder that for those of you in the UK (or with British Mums) that this Sunday (March 18th) is Mother's Day! So why not treat your mum to a special Afternoon Tea at home.

When I was back home in October and November of last year I was lucky enough to be treated to a real 'Afternoon Tea' at The Langham Hotel in London by my brother and sister-in-law with Mum (and even Wee One!). Now when I say 'Afternoon Tea' it really doesn't do it justice and certainly blows my version out of the water!! It was unbelievable and by far the highlight of my trip home and an experience I will never forget! We had the 'Stephen Webster Bijoux Afternoon Tea' which included a selection of Speciality Sandwiches (including 'Foie Gras and Apple'; Native Lobster with Piquillo Peppers and Flying Fish Roe' and 'Poached Quail Breast with Grapes and Violet' – amongst others!); Scones from their Palm Court Bakery which were served with an Orange Clotted Cream and Strawberry Preserve (yum!) and after all that, the most decadent and beautiful pastries and cakes which were inspired by Stephen Webster's most recent jewellery collection 'Murder She Wrote'. This is just one of those meals you need to see to understand so although the quality isn't the best I've included a few photographs below.




The Selection of Speciality 'Sandwiches'
Amazing Pastries & Cakes

Stephen Webster Bijoux Afternoon Tea 

It was definitely an unforgettable experience and one I would absolutely recommend to everyone, however, if this Mother's Day that's not an option for you then you can still treat your Mum and have a lovely Afternoon Tea at home! 

Too beautiful to eat......well almost!

Here are a few of my favourite ideas for spoiling your Mum with. I hope you all have a lovely day and a very Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's but especially to my Mum who in my opinion is the World's Best Mum! X

Mother's Day Afternoon Tea Menu 










~
{makes a perfect treat to take home!}


And don't forget a nice selection of tea, and for the ultimate treat – a glass of bubbly!


11 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I grew up with a British Grammie and a lifelong love of afternoon tea with Mom & Grammie. And yes, a glass of bubbly never hurts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pretty cupcakes, in fact I think I like them better than the fancies from the Langham! Enjoy your time with your Mum and have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet all the way around! Such attention to detail on those special tea sweets! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection of recipes! I have been wanting to have a little get together with some gals and it is finally warm enough here in Pittsburgh (unseasonable warm actually) to have a little get together on the patio. A tea party sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really are lovely and I suspect as delicious as they are pretty. I'm new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that.I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary and welcome to my blog! : )

      Delete
  6. These cakes look WONDERFUL, so dainty and elegant! I made some chocolate and violet Fancies, but I was tempted to make fairy cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry everyone! Have been a little absent the past few days so slow at getting back to comments!

    Thank you all so much for such lovely comments - for those of you marking the occasion I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. As far as I'm concerned you can't beat an Afternoon Tea at anytime of the year but especially in Spring! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's day to all out there and surely am admiring the gorgeous cakes you have shared.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...