Monday, April 21, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays April 21st ~ 27th


A little late this week but I have been having a wonderful weekend celebrating Easter, which of course involves being with family and eating lots of delicious food! Needless to say after feasting on Roast Lamb AND Roast Turkey over the weekend we have lots of leftovers, so this weeks meal plan is all about using up our leftovers, something that I am very excited about! I understand to some people leftovers can be boring, and trust me I can be one of those people, but with some careful planning you can turn leftover meals into new and extremely delicious, exciting dinners. The only problem is not knowing how long the leftovers will last so I haven't quite finished the whole plan as it will just depend on things but I'll update as the week progresses. On top of that Ben is staying with his cousins on Friday night so I am trying to decide what we should do for dinner.....Options include me making us a special dinner....Putting Scott on dinner duty..... or getting a take away!! I suspect I will end up going for option number 1 (glutton for punishment!) even though the other two option sound very tempting! One thing I can guarantee is that we won't be eating Turkey or Lamb! For the time being though, it's off to strain my fantastic Turkey Stock - the first step of using up my delicious leftovers!

I hope you all had a great Easter and have a good week. I'm working on some new recipes to put up on the blog so hopefully I will have them ready soon x

Monday April 21st - Sunday 27th 

                                  Monday  -       Leftover Turkey Dinner
                                  Tuesday -       Lamb Croquettes with Salad
                                  Wednesday -  Barbecued Turkey Dim Sum 
                                  Thursday -      Mixed Meat Pilaff (from Nigella Kitchen)
                                  Friday -          T-Bone Steaks with Mushroom Sauce; Onion Rings, Potato Wedges                                                           & Salad!
                                  Saturday -      Cat in the Hat Mac n Cheese (Ben's choice!)
                                  Sunday -        Pulled Lamb Buns! (Experiment)
  
As always don't forget you can add links to your Weekly Meal Plans in the comments section below.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...